Friday, May 21, 2010

Help! I can't decide.

I've been wanting to make Miss. Lilith a pettiskirt for over a year now. And I'm finally going to do it. I got a ruffler foot (just so I can make one of these) for my machine for Christmas and it's still sitting in it's box. The goal is to make it before our trip to Disneyland in October. The problem is, I can't decide on what color. Do I go the cute, cheap, easy way? Or the one that's a bit harder, costs more, but will get more comments? Sadly, I think I'm leaning towards the one that would get more comments. LOL More business for me, right?
What would you do? Here's some pics.
What it'll look like. The tutorial is from here.

The first choice will have the satin and layers in Lt. Pink and the fluff at the bottom will be in Candy. This would be the easiest because all of the Nylon Chiffon will come in pre-cut rolls. It would be a bit cheaper, too ($29).

The other choice will have the satin in Black, the layers in this, and the fluff in White. Think Minnie Mouse. This is also a bit more difficult because the red and white because it only comes by the yard and will have to be cut. It'll also be about $40.

So, what do you think? Comments please!

1 comment:

  1. For some reason I can't see your bottom 2 pics so it's hard to weigh in completely. I say, do what's going to bring you the most satisfaction . . . whether it be for comments or aesthetics. ;)

    ReplyDelete