Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My baby's a 4year old!

Last week was a busy week for us! Sunday, January 23rd, was Lilith's 4th birthday! Why does time seem to go so fast??? Anyway, last week was full of birthday planning. I had a skirt I had to finish before Lilith's party, a house to clean and get ready, shopping, cupcakes and a cake to make and decorate, playgroup, and her party. Playgroup was at our house this week, so I made cupcakes for everyone. That was fun. Then we took the leftover ones to my mom's work to share. Wednesday night/Thursday morning, I found q really cool idea for decorating Lilith's cake. It's a good thing I tried it Thursday night because it was a huge FAIL! LOL I tried it again Friday morning and made the final one Friday night. I ended up doing it again Saturday morning because Friday's was cracking. (I'll post more info and pictures later...writing all this on my iPhone while kiddo plays at the park.) Anyway, the cake was adorable and just what I was wanting it to be. More importantly, Lilith loved it! After she below her candles out, she proclaimed this to be "The Best Birthday EVER!" And at bedtime, she thanked me for her beautiful cake. Aww! Anyway, she had a wonderful birthday weekend and was very spoiled! That's ok, we are allowed to spoil our only baby, right? Along with lots of toys and clothes, she got a fish tank and fish. We are at 13 now: 5 neon tetras, 5 glow tetras, and 3 algae eaters.

We also bought her a booster seat. Target had one on sale for $35 and the reviews were really good, so we went ahead and bought it. It is currently in the garage waiting for Lilith to grow just a bit more. Last I measured her, she's at 41.5" tall (that's half an inch since Thanksgiving!) and 36lbs. She goes for her check up next Tuesday so we will see what her Dr has to say. Usually, it's that she's perfect. LOL

Hopefully now that her birthday has passed, things will slow down some again. We're already planning vacation...2 weeks of So Cal again. This time in May. I get to spend Mother's Day with my husband and little girl at Disneyland...just what I've been wanting for the past couple of years.

No comments:

Post a Comment