Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas 2010

We were very excited for Christmas this year. Lilith had lots of things she wanted and we had a lot we wanted to get her. So, she was a very loved little girl! LOL I didn't have anything to open, but I did get my Kitchen Aid mixer, new cookie sheets and cooling racks, new measuring cups and spoons, and some new clothes. Kevin got a lot of bugs, a meat thermometer/timer, and glass water bottles. Lilith decided that she wanted to stay at our house Christmas Eve night so that Santa knew where she was at, but take all her presents to Grams and Papa's house to open with every one. Thursday, I baked! I made 3 batches of Oat cookies (the no-bake ones), a batch of chocolate chip (use the recipe from Williams-Sonoma), and a batch of Kiss cookies (the recipe I have is different from the ones I've seen and it's a double batch). We spent part of the day of Christmas Eve at mom and dad's. We left at 8 so that Lilith had time to get cookies and milk sat out before bed. And also hang out Magic Key up outside by our door and sprinkle Magic Reindeer Food in the yard. Of course, she fell asleep on the way home, but she woke up to get ready for Santa. :) However, she didn't get back to sleep until after we were in bed. We kept telling her that she had to get to sleep because Santa couldn't come until she went to sleep. Christmas morning we woke up around 715...mommy and daddy shouldn't be up before kiddo on Christmas! But, we were. I started making breakfast while Kevin showered. Kevin's tradition: Puffy Baked German Pancakes. However, they didn't turn out this year. :( Good thing mom had doughnut balls waiting. Kevin ended up having to wake Lilith up and she wasn't budging. Once he said "Santa came and left you presents!", she was up and running to the tree. LOL She looked so sleepy while she was opening her stocking stuffers. We let her open 1 gift before breakfast...her "purse." I wrapped it so the handles were sticking out. But it wasn't just a purse...it was the bag for her Explorer and it was inside. That, itself, was a pain to get! Only Toys R Us has the pink one and they wanted $75! Leapfrog.com was sold out. I just happened to look at TRU's website the Friday before Christmas and they had them on sale for $55. I got Lilith and myself ready and headed down to the other side of town to TRU and grabbed it. And this was after we decided to wait and get her some other things to replace it.

Santa brought Miss Lilith her Princess Aurora doll. And she was very happy about it. :) But the best reaction to all of her gifts was the one when she opened her Explorer games. We got her Mr. Pencil and Tangled. She was literally jumping up and down on her knees and squealing! She was so excited! We have no idea why she's been so obsessed with Tangled and she hadn't even seen it (we finally took her to see it Sunday afternoon). I wish we had gotten it on video. If I hadn't already gotten Tinkerbell party stuff, I would change her birthday to Tangled. I have a feeling that we may be buying her a Tangled costume among other things over this next year. LOL And she knows her name is Rapunzel, but still calls her Tangled. LOL After seeing the movie, she asked if she could get a Tangled doll from the Disney store. Thin is, the closest Disney store is at Washington Square or Clackamas....about an hour away. So, whenever we make it up there, we will go look for a Tangled doll.

Anyway, here are some pics of our Christmas.

Making Kiss Cookies
IMG_5166

IMG_5188

Her Explorer
IMG_5257

Daddy helping her play
IMG_5260

Watching for Great Grandma. She was told we had to wait for Great Grandma before she could open her presents. It was killing her. LOL
IMG_5283

Her Princess Aurora doll
IMG_5304

The best picture of her and her games
IMG_5353

Having a tea party with her dolls
IMG_5415

I bought Lilith and Evie matching outfits. Aren't they cute? The shirt says "Spending time with you is the greatest thing to do"
IMG_5422

They also got matching Minnie shirts and sweatshirts that say "You are my sunshine." That's what they are sung. My grandpa used to sing it to my mom, my mom sang it to me, and I sing it to Lilith every night. Veronica sings it to Evie, too.
IMG_5440

And I was going to post a couple of videos, but IE keeps dying when I try. :-/

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.
~Blessed Be~

No comments:

Post a Comment