Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Handmade Christmas

I actually got a handful of things made for Christmas this year. My niece, Evie, got 2 pairs of Leggies (Baby Legs), a round taggie toy, and a doll. Lilith got a matching doll, but with darker hair and a baby carrier. I was so excited for the baby carrier. I had been wanting to make one for Lilith for awhile now. However, I couldn't find any real tutorial, so I made up my own. I searched Etsy and the rest of the web for some for sale to get some ideas on sizes. And I used buckles in stead of tying it or velcro. I just may make some to put on my Etsy store. :)

So, here it is!

IMG_5121

IMG_5134

IMG_5135

Here's Lilith's doll. The girls are making such wonderful faces, but it's the best pic of the doll. Evie's has lighter brown hair. They're Black Apple Dolls. I found the pattern on Martha Stewart's site. And I will NOT be making any more. I had problems.

IMG_5318

And here is Evie with her taggie toy. I put bells in it, too so that that it would make noise. She LOVES tags and ribbons right now. (And that's my brother, Shawn, and his wife, Veronica.)

IMG_5323

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! Just curious - what issues did you have with the Black Apple doll?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evie's I had to redo an arm and leg because I didn't get them caught. Lilith's the arms are uneven...one is higher then the other. It looks ok and she doesn't seem to care. I'm just not used to making things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That front/back baby carrier is awesome! I want one for myself (adult size please :)! You should totally make some for your etsy. And I think that the clips are the way to go, not that you couldn't do velcro too. You are so crafty!

    ReplyDelete