Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Busy, busy

It's been busy around here. And it's not going to slow down any time soon. Maybe once October gets here, but then we'll be on the road heading our way down to CA. I have 3 weeks until my father in law and his girlfriend are here for a week. So, I have a lot to do around here until then. We need to finish unpacking the last few boxes, hang pictures, print and frame some new pictures, and I'll need to do a major cleaning by then, too. Then there's my sister in law's (Kevin's sister) wedding that weekend, my birthday, the Northwest Quilt Show, and then we leave for CA. Plus, I've been sewing. I have things to post on Etsy. I just need to take pictures and post them. I just told my husband a little bit ago that I need to just do it and not be afraid. My sister in law messaged me earlier for some info on the pettiskirt. One of her patients was asking about it. So, keep your fingers crossed. :)

Right now, I'm working on some clothes for me. I have about 5 tops I'm planning on making before October. We'll be spending almost 2 weeks at Disneyland, so they will be nice to have. I have some dresses and a pair of shorts I'd like to make, too, but we'll see how things go. I have also been working on Lucy (my quilt made out of "I Love Lucy" fabrics). There's a story behind it, but I'll post it when I post pics of the quilt. I might actually get it all finished this weekend.

Today, Lilith and I had dentist appointments. It's a good thing my mom came with because Lilith's ended up being at the same time as mine. (Her's was scheduled for after mine, but someone canceled.) I wasn't too happy about it and cried, but my hygienist was nice and waited so I could be with Lilith for part of it. Lilith did awesome this year! Last year was just a "happy visit" and the most the did was count her teeth. She did not want to open her mouth. But this year she got x-rays and a full cleaning. She did so good with all of it! And she does not like the bubble gum flavor stuff. LOL Dr. Ulmer said that Lilith's teeth are the best he's seen in awhile. You have no idea how happy that made me. We try really hard because we both remember what it was like growing up and neither of us like going to the dentist. I don't want it to be like that for her. There's no signs of any cavities. But, she does have a slight overbite (just like her daddy) and will probably need braces when she's older. And for those that care, my teeth are doing really good, too. I think this is the second year in a row that I don't have anything wrong. I do have one spot on my gum that's irritated, but he said to just keep doing what I'm doing. So, us girls are good until next summer. Kevin goes next Tuesday bright and early (7am!) so we will see what Dr. Ulmer says about him.

Anyway, my headache is finally going away (thank you Excedrin Migraine!) so I should probably work on this top that's sitting here waiting patiently. :)

Here is a decent picture of Lilith and her pettiskirt and my niece, Evelyn. This was taken on July 31st, my parent's 28th anniversary.

Oh, and just 44 days until we leave!!! Can't wait!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment